MassTube Plus is a small-sized software utility designed to help users grab their favorite video files from YouTube in the easiest way possible, and download them to the local disk for offline playback.
Features of MassTube Plus
Plain and simple interface
• Aesthetically, it’s not very impressive, as it sports a simplistic interface and just a few options for downloading videos. This is a simple-to-use tool built specifically with a single goal in mind: to grab video files from YouTube. Therefore, it doesn’t come equipped with other noteworthy features, such as a built-in YouTube browser or audio extraction mode.
Straightforward video converter with history mode
• Some video details are shown after introducing a YouTube link in the dedicated box, namely the resolution and audio parameters. MassTube supports multiple output formats (FLV, MP4, WebM, 3GP), which means that it gives you the possibility to convert the downloaded files to other types, as well as to select a preferred quality if there are multiple options available.
• On task completion, it offers to open the downloaded clips with an external video player. It also integrates a history window that shows all the videos you have downloaded from YouTube, which can be cleared, exported to file, and imported at a later time.
Other program settings
• MassTube’s window can be placed on top of other frames, and it can be asked to remember the current window position whenever opening a new instance. Furthermore, it’s possible to disable the internal download engine and switch to an external one, modify the default destination folder for all grabbed videos, as well as apply a proxy configuration for connecting to the Internet.
Evaluation and conclusion
• The app worked smoothly in our evaluation and didn’t prompt any errors. Although MassTube doesn’t have an impressive skill set, it’s an efficient software solution for downloading clips and converting them into other formats on the go. CPU and RAM consumption was minimal in our tests.